Just like Buses!?! Another Caspian Gull@ Watermead CP South!!

Record shot of the Adult Caspian Gull!

With a couple of hours spare yesterday morning I nipped over to Watermead CP South as usual to check the gulls.
I have noticed over the last few weeks that for some reason the gulls numbers increase over the weekend. It's probably due to most of  the tips closed and plenty of food around the car park!?
Well checking the main island I noticed straight away that it had another Adult Caspian Gull on it!!
This was the third sighting of a Caspian Gull in just over a week, so I have now found the second, third and fourth record for the city.
With it still being a description species for VC55, I took a few record shots of the bird from the nearby shoreline and let a few people know of the sighting.
Looking at the Casper I thought it looked very much like the bird I had found the previous year, so it maybe a returning bird?
With Caspian and Yellow-legged Gull now firmly ticked off on the city list it would be nice if we could now have a Med Gull or even something more rarer like a Bonaparte's Gull?... he's hoping!
Adult Caspian Gull@Watermead CP South again!


Comments

John Hague said…
It's not a description species I don't think... Steve dropped it on the basis that he knows who knows Casper and he knows who doesn't... or some similar scheme.
davidearlgray said…
John it's three people bird or description species if you see it on your own!! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.