City challenge update: Hobby and a Collared Flycatcher OMFL!

On Sunday after finishing my early shift at the General I checked out Watermead CP South and noted at least one Hobby hunting over the pits. With this sighting my city year list is now on 104.
Whilst at this site my Birdnet pager mega'd to inform me of a Collared Flycatcher at Holme NWT, Norfolk.
I was reluctant to go due to Sunday evening traffic, but as Neil Hagley texted me about the bird, I saw the light and we decided to twitch the bird.
Cutting the long story short, myself and Neil were on-site by 7pm and ticking the bird off by 7.10pm. Get In Collared Flycatcher OMFL!!
Although I have probably missed the mobile White-tailed Eagle in Lincolnshire (That's another story and it's getting personal now!!), the sighting of this fantastic bird now puts me three short of 450 BOU!!

Comments

theizzyfeeling said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skev said…
Collared Fly - TART! ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.