Iceland Gull Albert Village Tip

Before work yesterday I drove over to Albert Village Lake to see if the Juvenile Iceland Gull was about?
Once again only a small number of gulls were on the lake, so I decided to check out the tip nearby.
Scanning the tip it wasn't long before I found the Juvenile/1st winter Iceland Gull loafing on the tip face.
As usual I took a few record shots of the bird.
With the time against me due to work commitments I didn't really have time to check the other gulls.
Over this weekend I will be checking a new landfill site just over the border into Lincolnshire with Steve James, so I will let you know what we see?
 Juvenile Iceland Gull Albert Village tip

Comments

Steve Lister said…
Watch out for wing-tagged Red Kites at Colsterworth Landfill - up to 14 birds have been reported there. Not much in the gull line when I checked a few days ago but it was better earlier in the year.
davidearlgray said…
Thanks Steve,myself and Steve James saw at least 10 Red Kites there yesterday and a pink-legged LBB Gull!!

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.