Colour-ringed Gulls again at Watermead CP South.

This afternoon I spent sometime down at Watermead CP South to look at the gulls. I found a new colour-ringed Black-headed Gull in the car park which was probably ringed by one of the South-West Gull groups. Observing the gulls I noted again the previous colour-ringed gulls I had found in December 2010 were still around the car park.
The only other sightings I noted included a large group of Jackdaws (500+), and a few Rooks roosted in fields opposite the car park at Watermead CP South. The Rooks were actually a year tick for the City challenge, which now put me on 64 species.
Colour-ringed BH Gull (VO28)
Colour-ringed BH Gull (JAN4)
Colour-ringed BH Gull (2H64)
Colour-ringed BH Gull (2H64) again!



Comments

Paul Riddle said…
Hi Dave, email sent to you ref Little Owl within the city boundary!

Paul.

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.