Sword-leaved Helleborines OMFL!

Taking an annual day off from work I decided to look for a new orchid for me in the nearby county of Warwickshire. The orchid in question was Sword-leaved Helleborine.
Driving over to Oversley Wood, near Alcester, it took me another 2 hours to find these exquisite orchids as I walked around the wood.
Just off the footpath I found at least ten of these lovely plants and as usual I took a few shots of them.
My British orchid list now stands around 40 species and only another 15 to go before I have seen the lot!

Comments

Never heard of Sword-leaved Helleborine - did it used to be called something else, or has it been split? What's its Latin name? Looks like a Cephalanthera type.
davidearlgray said…
Andy, it's latin name is Cephalanthera longifolia or it's other name is Narrow-leaved Helleborine.Hope this helps?
Yes, it's called Narrow-leaved in my books!

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.