Gyr bugger dipped again!


Birding Taliban!?!

No sign of the Gyr Falcon!

With a Gyr Falcon staying put for a few days on the Gower, South Wales, me, John Hague and Colin Green decided to twitch the bird.
Well to cut a long story short and after five hours staring at the same fields the bird did not show!
So the moral of this story is that I should not twitch birds of prey as now this is the third Gyr I have dipped, other raptors I have missed included four WT Eagles, and thankfully now the rejected Booted Eagle!
John and Colin were excellent company all day in sub zero conditions (that's why I looked like a Birding Taliban!??) but maybe sometimes I should make a few more jokes about Yorkshire and Leicester people!! ;-) [ See the Drunkbirder blog for more info].

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.