Arse stuck at work!! and a Blowout?!................




Two photos of the Little Bittern
at Cossington Meadows LRWT.
(copyright of Jim Graham).

As usual after taking a week off from work, and back to work on the Monday the megas turn up!
Firstly, Jim Graham found a Little Bittern down at Cossington Meadows, the first live sighting in Leicestershire period and a mega tick for the local patch. But as I was stuck at work I couldn't do anything about until the next day at the earliest. So to cut a long story short I spent the next two days at this site trying to re find the Bittern, but as usual the bird had probably flown the previous night? (I did however get a Soar Valley Tick though in the form of a Barn Owl hunting over the swan meadow, which was small compensation!).
Following this two days later after I checked out Rutland Water for the Red-throated Divers and a variety of wildfowl in the north arm(Whooper Swans and Common Scoters), I had a major blowout on my front left tyre driving towards Preston village on my way to Eyebrook Res!
So as I didn't have the back-up team for Sebastian Loeb rally car it took me the next two hours to change the wheel.
So when I returned home later in the evening, what goes and happens but the bloody MEGA alert goes off and an Eastern Crowned Warbler (first record for the UK- see link above) has been found at South Shields in Geordieland!!, and I knew that I couldn't do anything about it as I was stuck at work until the Monday at least.

Update on Sunday morning:
So as I write this I know that the warbler has buggered off saturday night and pleased that I don't have to make the journey up to geordieland, fight the twitching masses to see the bird and hopefully in a year or so time the drunkbirders will find one on Shetland?! He's hoping.....................

Comments

Anonymous said…
2 hours to change a wheel?...fuckin hell...!
Have a confession to make Dave....we drove past you on way to ebr..!!
You were juz standing at the side of your car..[we didn't get 'views' to confirm your demise]....thought you may have had a 'flat' but you weren't 'workin on it'...so thought you'd finished!...seriously soz!!
We stood at ebr and thought..'he still ain't here...fuckin bollox...we shudda stopped to help'....ooppps!

Apologies....Beast...
davidearlgray said…
No worries Colin, it was the first time I have changed a wheel on my car so you can imagine were does this piece go, etc, etc!
Mark said…
I don't think the very nice people of South Shields will take nicely to being called Geordies!! That's the other side of the river Dave.
davidearlgray said…
I know that Mark but I bet their don't like been called Mackens as well?!

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.