Recent Megas -bugger!!

With my pager megaing almost daily for the last week for the Tufted Puffin, Sandhill Crane and formerly the Blackburnian Warbler.I just wished that these birds were closer or would stay put for more than just a couple of days.
Over the last few years I have reduced my twitching trips and I have always said that I won't twitch off island, but I must admit the Sandhill Crane is very tempting even if it's on Orkney!!
Let just hope over the next month the Mega's are on the mainland or within driving distance of Leicestershire?!
But then again I just probably tempting fate?!?.................

Comments

beast said…
Bit of a bastard ain't it..?!!
I don't twitch off-island unless i really REALLY have to....and like i said in another 'mail' i sent you...it is a good bird...but is it 'that' good? Maybe...but...it fails to instill me with an uncontrollable urge to shift me arse....[gives me a bit of an 'itch' tho]...!
Birds of pallas's sandgrouse calibre shift me into top gear...but there ain't many in that 'league'.......[tufted puffin?...might go off island for that one]..!
davidearlgray said…
What the F**K is happening on Orkney, 3 MEGAS in 3 days its just like the Scillies in 1980s!!
Anonymous said…
Make that 2 mega's Dave....a gannet doesn't really qualify as 'mega'....!

Beast.......

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.