Possible Atrofuscus Bee Orchids?





As the Bee Orchids are know in flower in Leicester I took a few more photos of this beautiful orchid. Looking at the flower itself it might possible that these flowers are actually the very rare form Var. Atrofuscus and potentially the second record ever for the UK!!!
I informed my fellow orchid twitcher Sean Cole about these possible rare forms and he joined me later in the afternoon and came to the same conclusion as myself after viewing the orchids.
The only problem now is that I will just have to wait and see what the BSBI orchid recorder thinks of them?
I will keep you posted on the developments?

Comments

Mike Watson said…
Nice one Earl! My old mate Little Richard (Webb) used to give me hard time for weeding as he used to call it but it goes to show there is always something interesting to be squeezed out of the local patch in summer. BR, Mike

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.