Avocets once again at Eyebrook......1st April 2009.


Avocets at Eyebrook res


Although it was my day off from work, I had to do a few things in town, so I couldn't get over to Eyebrook Reservoir until the afternoon, as a pair of Avocets had been reported at the inflow end.
Getting to the reservoir early afternoon, I was soon ticking off Avocet for my slowly increasing year list.
The two birds were were feeding on the shoreline and not too far from the viewing point, so I decided to take a few digishots of the birds.
Whilst at this site other sightings I saw included the long staying Green-winged Teal, a female Pintail (which was a year tick!) and one of the local Red Kites.
After leaving Eyebrook I checked out Cossington Meadows, one of my local patches in the Soar Valley before returning home.
Birds I recorded included 3 Little Egrets, 3 Little Ringed Plovers, a couple of Oystercatchers and finally a couple of Swallows flying over the tern pool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.