Anything for weekend Sir?... Blyth Spartans,Waxwings and not a student any more!!




The mighty Leicestershire Spartans!

Over the last weekend me and John went to our annual trip to Hinckley United to see them play the mighty Blyth Spartans.
Before getting to the match, we stopped off at Avery Hill, Braunstone to look at the large flock of Waxwings which had been around for the last few days. Counting at least 45 birds in the nearby trees we were soon back on the road to Hinckley.
Meeting up with Mark and a couple of friends at the Railway Inn in Hinckley town centre, we had a couple of drinks there before meeting up with the rest of Blyth Spartans away support at Hinckley United social club.

The match was pretty uneventful except for some shite decisions by the referee, some fanastic unhealthy food in the shape of a beef burger and chips at half-time and Blyth going down to two goals to one at the final whistle.
As usual the banter was great from the Blyth supporters and it always surprises me the amount of supporters this great non-league club take to away matches!
Hopefully before the end of the season I will try and see the mighty Spartans again!
Finally as most of my friends will know I finished my nursing course over the last week and will not be a student any more. It feels a bit strange but I'm glad now that its all over except of course for my final results which come out in Mid February?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.