On a Cork jolly! 12th-13th August 2008.







I just spent a couple of days with my University friends, Sarah, Cherie and Ivor in Cork, Ireland.
Based near the University College, I was pleasantly surprised how nice Cork was from the hospitality of the locals to the very much understated city centre.
Over the two days we spent quite a bit of time in the local Pubs and Bars but we did go a city bus tour which was an excellent choice to see the city sights.
Hopefully in the future I will visit this city again and the surrounding countryside as it would make a great base for a longer holiday.

Comments

The Drunkbirder said…
Great place with plenty of good birding and not too many birders in the area as well. I much prefer staying on Cobh and going into Cork as and when.

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.