My first Orchids of the year. 18th May 2008.



After checking out Burley fishponds in the morning for the very elusive Purple Heron, I drove over to Merry's Meadow LRWT near Cottesmore, to look for Green winged Orchid.
Walking up the track to the reserve, I spotted a small group of Grey Partridge and a fly over Yellow Wagtail (Hopefully breeding in the surrounding area).
Walking into the first field of the reserve, you could clearly see good numbers of Green winged Orchids, and I must have counted at least 500+ of these good looking plants.
As you would expect I took a few shots of the nearby orchids, and hopefully over the next three months I will try and find a few more orchids on my travels around the UK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.