Snow Bunting needle in a haystack! (Friday 4th April 2008).

Following news from the LROS website the previous night, I checked out Melton Airfield for the reported Snow Bunting in the afternoon.
Driving to the site,I didn't realise that the site was so large until I drove onto it, and then knew it was going to be an uphill struggle to find the Snow Bunting, as a needle in a haystack came to mind!
Parking next to the strangely isolated industrial estate in the middle of the former airbase, the only birds I saw was a few Skylarks and Meadow Pipits in the surrounding area.
Mark Skev who had the same idea as myself, joined me at the industrial estate to look for the bird, but like the previous hour of me searching the area, there was still wasn't any sign of the bird by any derelict buildings or any pallets!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.