Eyebrook Spring migrants part two




After a report on my pager about a pair of Garganey at Eyebrook Reservoir, I left work as soon as possible.
Arriving at Eyebrook just after six in the evening, the first sighting I saw was a "fish rat" flying over the reservoir as I approached the inflow end, which was good to see.Parking the car not far from the inflow end, I spoke to Chris Lythall, who had only just lost sight of the two Garganey, when the fish rat flew over the reservoir.
Scanning the inflow end we soon relocated the pair of Garganey on the far bank, which were feeding on the shoreline.
At this point I took a few record digiscope shots of the two Garganey.
I must admit when it comes to ducks, I think Garganey is probably my favourite duck species, and it is always a pleasure to see them, even in eclipse plumage!
Other sightings I saw at the inflow end included two nice looking Black-tailed Godwits, the long staying Green-winged Teals, at least four Little Ringed Plovers and a couple of fly-through Swallows.
After being at the reservoir for just over an hour I made my way home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indiana Dave and the quest for Derbyshire Orchids 6th June 2008.